Thursday, May 19, 2011

I’ve Been Exposed -Part Two

    After reading my previous blog, you may be wondering how God exposes sin to us.  The truth is that He does it in various ways.  Sometimes while reading Scripture a particular phrase or passage may stand out.  Then God tugs ever so gently at the heart with a sense of guilt or shame.  Other times, something a preacher or singer says may remind us of a sin that was recently committed.  On various occasions, God has pointed out to me a sin in someone else’s life and shown me that I am guilty of doing or thinking the same thing.  (I hate that!)  And, of course, there are times when someone notices our sin and straight out confronts us.  Whatever tool God uses, the result is usually the same… guilt, sadness, disappointment, or frustration.  Hopefully repentance comes next, closely followed by renewed peace and joy.  Praise God that “if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong” (I John 1:9)... every time!

      Glancing again at Luke chapter 8 you may notice another sweet verse:  “On the other side of the lake the crowds received Jesus with open arms because they had been waiting for Him.” (Luke 8:40)  That is where I want to be – waiting for Him with open arms, and not pushing Him away.

Are you lacking peace?  Could you be hanging onto some sin and fearing you will be “caught”?  Will you allow God to expose you today, or will you tell Him to “go away”?  Will you dare to pray this prayer that David prayed:


                   “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.  Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”  (Psalm 139:23-24, NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment