Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reflections On The Royal Wedding

Millions of people attended the Royal Wedding of William and Kate this week.  Some witnessed it in person, some via the television or internet.  I must say that I was one who chose to watch the recaps and get a good night sleep.  Still, it was fun to see the young couple celebrate an obviously joyous occasion.  My thoughts quickly drifted away from England though as I envisioned another celebration.  This celebration will be one where all of heaven will be in attendance and my Father God will be hosting the shindig.  William and Kate's wedding suddenly pales in comparison.

It doesn't seem by accident that I read Luke 14 this weekend... "The Story of the Great Feast".  Jesus is enjoying a meal with some Pharisees and one proclaims, "What a privilege it would be to have a share in the Kingdom of God!" (verse 15)  I totally agree!  What a privilege it is to be invited into God's house and to be received as royalty, as a child of the King!  Just imagine it.  It is our own Cinderella story.  The King chooses a commoner like me and clothes me in royal robes.  Then He rejoices over me as a bridegroom does his new bride.  What a day that will be!


You have been invited to this feast too.  Have you accepted His invitation?  Are you rejoicing today that you are a child of the King?


Revelation 19:9
"Then the angel said to me, 'Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' "

Isaiah 61:10
"I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."

Isaiah 62:5
As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.

 1 John 3:1
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment